Cheetahmen II was a sequel being worked on in the year 1992, however it was cancelled and 6 of 10 proposed levels were made, which the game was never officially released. In 1996, however, 1,500 copies of the game were located in a warehouse, and eventually put on sale on the secondary market. All copies of the game were reused Action 52 cartridges, some with a small gold sticker reading "Cheetamen II" in it. This cartridge is now very rare and hard to find, though numerous ROM images of it exist on the Internet.
In Cheetahmen II the player again assumes the role of one of the three Cheetahmen (Aries, Apollo and Hercules); after defeating a boss at the end of the second level, they switch to the next Cheetahman for the following two levels, as in the Action 52 version. Due to a bug, it is impossible to get to the levels in which one plays Cheetahman Aries without altering the ROM image or experiencing a glitch that very rarely starts the game on these two levels.
Level 1 Edit
In the first level, you play as Apollo, and the place you go to is a sky area with wooden spikes, and grass, and you fight enemies by shooting them with your arrow, also most of the enemies are on the ground, which also happens in the rest of the levels as well.
Level 2 Edit
In the second level, everything is very identical with the first level, except there is enemy which is a tornado, also the wooden spikes are no longer in the background, at last, this features a boss, which the boss is Dr. Morbis, which all he does is just go to the right. This is also the last level which you play as Apollo.
Level 3 Edit
In the third level of Cheetahmen, you play as Hercules for the first time in this game, and the background is is still identical to level 1 and level 2's background except that there are white looken pipes that are for the background and also red lava underneath the ground. Finally no grass in the background. This is also the first level to allow you to use the jumping glitch, like from the first Cheetahmen game, but you can't die from using it unlike in the first game. The jumping glitch will work for the rest of the levels after this.
Level 4 Edit
In level 4 you play as Hercules again, and the background only has whiten looken pipes, but the sky is still the same, and this time, the white looken pipes are used for the player to walk on them. Also the level is incorrectly referred as Level 3, as well as the rest of the levels after this. The boss in the fourth level is the Apeman this time. Finally, this is the last level most people commonly make it through, because if you defeat the boss or the boss just disappears, you will be stuck forever unless you reset, however there is a rare chance that it can get you to the last 2 levels of this game.
Level 5 Edit
In level 5, you play as Aries, and the background is a re-used background from level 2 of the first Cheetahmen game. Also this is also referred as level 3 as well. This is also the first level that is not playable unless cheats or a glitch to get in the level.
Level 6 Edit
The 6th level of Cheetahmen II, has you play as Aries, and the background is re-used from level 3 of the first cheetahmen game. This level is also referred as level 3 too. This is also the last level to be played and finished. The boss is a guy with a claw hand and also just goes left and right over and over again.
- It was suppost to have 10 levels but it was cancelled and only 6 levels were made
- The last 2 level's backgrounds were actually re-used from Level 2 and Level 3 background
- Unlike the jumping glitch in the first Cheetahmen game and which you die if you go to the top, Cheetahmen II however actually doesn't let you die when you get the top while using the jumping glitch.
- One thing noticable is that in the first Cheetahmen game, it starts with Aries, Hercules, and ends with Apollo, however with Cheetahmen II, they go the opposite, which it starts with Apollo, Hercules, and ends with Aries instead.
- There was a fixed version which fixes all the glitches, sprites and even fixes the glitch of which in the fix version, after you defeat the boss in level 4, it just takes you to level 5 instead of the actual version mostly making you stuck after defeating the boss in level 4